Friday, January 15, 2010

After a long talk with my mother,

I feel much better about myself than I have all day.

After a long, slow, boring shift at work, the last thing I wanted to deal with was more drama. I wanted to go home, shower, and order a pizza. No such luck.

I sat around after work watching my pets play in almost total silence. Finally, realizing there was nothing he could do, Boyfriend turned on the TV. We watched hours and hours of stupid TV until my mom got home and I could finally talk to her.

I love my mom. I truly do. She, unlike most parents I know, remembers what it was like to be nineteen, in love, and having issues. She doesn't take crap from anyone. We talked a lot about the issues I was having. They are far from resolved, but it certainly helped. I showed her the text messages I received from someone today, and vented all of my frustrations.

But then we got to talking about other things. My ever-changing relationship with my dad. My family. My uncle David. My cousins. Her boyfriend. Manners. How she raised my sister and I. My family's opinions of my sister and I. Everything.

I really do love my mama. She's done a great job as a single mother. I think I'll give her the fifty percent off spa treatment thing I won today. And pay for the other fifty percent. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment