Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I swear to God, I thought high school was over.

I was in the car today with my bff Sam, and we were discussing the latest text message I had received from my boyfriend. It contained the latest bit of drama involving certain people who have recently made it their life's mission to drive Boyfriend and I away from each other/make me miserable/cause all around tension.

Lyke, srsly? Wtf.

I'll spare you the nitty gritty details of this ongoing tension, but let me just say this:
I'm over it. No one's opinion should matter to me except my own, my sister's, my parent's, and my boyfriend's. Lucky for me, I have a handful of friends who like me for me. I can honestly say I have a few good friends in this world, and that's more than a lot of people can. They can think I'm a lying, good-for-nothing, trashy witch-with-a-B, but that's THEIR problem. I think know I'm not any of those things, and the people who truly matter to me know that too.

This doesn't just go for these few who have been clouding my brain recently, either. This also goes for the one who holds grudges from middle school, the one who still posts nasty things online from high school, and the bitter ex who still won't get over the break-up. Your words can't hurt me.

I'll leave you with this. My middle school English teacher put quotes up on the board every day, and this was the only one I ever remembered. I don't know who the author is (Google seems to be in disagreement) but it's a great quote to live by.

Be who you are and say what you feel.
Because those who mind, don't matter.
And those who matter don't mind.


I just have to remember to live by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment