Monday, December 14, 2009

Winter doesn't officially begin for a week, but...

It feels like winter already, and I'm loving it.

Despite having SADD (seasonal affective depressive disorder), I love the winter. I love buttoning up cute flannels, pulling on adorable boots, zipping up cozy coats and bracing myself against the chill of the air. I've watched my style change over the course of the past few years, too.

First, it was baggy-jeans-and-oversized-sweatshirt Stephanie, since I was convinced my shape was ugly and unsightly. There are no pictures to hold against me as evidence, either. This was before freshman year, when I still had glasses and braces.

Then it was the whole not-caring-about-the-cold attitude, until the hot water pipes exploded at my high school and we had to evacuate into the freezing cold in tees. Luckily, a boy in my class was nice enough to give me his sweatshirt. Then my mom bought me a jacket for Christmas, which you can see below.



After that came the Northface years, which lasted up until I met my current boyfriend and his nonconformist attitude. Wanting to impress him, I ditched the Northface in favor of... nothing. I was back to not-caring-less.

Now, however, I developed my own style, and am embracing my big-boob, big-hips body. No, my boobs are of epic proportions. They have inspired long discussions between my boyfriend and his coworker. Awkward, I know.

But, here are my current winter favorites:






Tell me your winter favorites!

4 comments:

  1. I love winter too. I get the blues so I try to go away somewhere warm. This year its Nicaragua. xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your boyfriend never gets cold, that is why he doesn't wear a jacket. I think it is because I kept him too warm as a baby, I think I roasted him! He was born 4 weeks early, in the middle of January, in Maine, in the middle of a winter storm. They told me to keep him WARM. We slept down by the fire, he was wrapped tightly in a blanket and he had mittens on, 24/7. This went on for a few weeks. I know that is why he is the way he is, it is always Moms fault! See, now that you know this, doesn't he make more sense?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth: I would love to go to Nicaragua. So exotic!

    Jenni: Mmmm boots. Love them.

    Kathy: Haha and he always does blame that, too. He even wore shorts to go snowboarding yesterday!

    ReplyDelete