Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stephanie Takes Boston, Part One: Samantha, Too!

Last Saturday, my bff Samantha and I hit Boston. We left the Cape around 2:45, after a phone call from Adam. We headed on the highway blasting Lady GaGa and 3OH!3 and discussing psychology.

We arrived in Braintree and hopped on the T, taking us to Park Street, where we transferred to the Green Line, which took us to the Fenway stop. Adam met us there and we all walked to his school, my future school, Emmanuel College.



He gave Sam the tour, most of which I had already seen, and then showed us the dining hall. He pointed out all the food options and I said hello to Boyfriend's friend, Cooper (who gave me a hug and promptly went to get nachos). Then Adam said "Well, here's the food. You guys find something to eat and text me when you're done, I have to go help Katie with something." And he was gone.

I felt like a freshman on the first day of high school in that big cafeteria. Not that I got the same stares I did back then.

We ate our sandwiches and Adam came to get us, congratulating me on surviving through an awkward situation (maybe I'm a little dramatic?). He walked us to the gate and hugged us goodbye, since he was feeling a little under the weather due to excess caffeine and lack of sleep.

So, Sam and I were back on the T on our way to shopping heaven, or as it's known to maps, Newbury Street. Our first stop was a little store called So Good Jewelry.



And it was, truly, so good. She bought two bracelets and I bought a bracelet and a necklace. Each thing was only $6.99! And beautiful!

Then, we headed to CondomWorld, mainly to see what all the fuss was about. Not a huge deal, really. Then we went to Newbury Comics, and she wanted to check out Ed Hardy, so we went there next. I wanted to see what the big deal was with American Apparel, so we looked in there. Hot pink mesh leggings? No thank you.

Finally, on our last stop on Newbury Street, we went to Urban Outfitters. I immediately sent a text to Boyfriend: "I have died and gone to shopping heaven."



Samantha bought a set of test-tube shooters, and I went a little more crazy. I bought a glass with HOT MESS written on the side, a book called 'Do This, Not That', a book called 'Tell Me How' that has five hundred things in it that everyone should know, from how to change a diaper to how to catch a wave. I also bought a bottle opener that looks like a key, a notebook, a journal, a 'sweet nothings' notepad, and an 'All Out Of...' notepad for the fridge where you check off what you're out of, and voila!, you have a grocery list.

I love Boston. Maybe a little too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment